Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thrill of the Hunt!

Last Memorial my Man and I on a whim and a promising Pennysaver ad, headed up into the local mountains to Crestline to hit a Garage sale that had oodles of vintage treasures.

Unbeknownst to us, the entire mountain range pulls out all the stops Memorial and Labor Day weekends, with Yard Sales, Flea markets set up in parking lots, every antique store has sales.

It is GOOD!

So, yesterday, up the hill we went again, in search of not so buried treasures.

I am amazed at my blogger friends who take gazillions of pictures, I however am a dork and forget, but I did shoot a few yesterday...here they are!

Steve was the nicest guy, he has an Antique store adjoining his Nursery.
Hello???  Can you say Dreamy???

On Consignment and Collectibles
23762 Manzanita Dr.
Crestline/Lake Gregory
His number is 909 338-7766
Beautiful stuff and what a gem!

Then you have to cross the street to 
Lake Gregory Coffee.
An old Gas station turned into coffee house and bakery.
Everything is baked there daily.
The owner is (darn, I can't find his card)

Everything is so yummy there, we stopped twice.
Once in the morning and once in the afternoon before we headed down the mountain.


The one thing Emily, Rob and I all noticed yesterday was the wonderful sense of community everyone had.  Each business refers you to other businesses, everyone waves and everyone smiles.

Must be the mountain air and it is so beautiful, how could you not be happy in a world devoid of pollution, pretention and traffic????

Becky of The Shabby Chateau is a ANGEL and so talented.
I bought a ton from her last year and did again this year.
She mentioned wanting to sell at the Urban Barn or Chateau De Fleurs, so I gave her their numbers.
Her stuff rocks ladies and if she comes to one of those shows, bring your wallet and truck!
Or head up the mountain and pay her a visit!

So, the rest of the day, I dropped the ball on pics, but the following are treasures I scored at Yard sales and mostly antique stores.

We have been needing a patio seating set...4 pieces for $141.  Not bad, eh?

When you can get a chandelier like this for $45, is it a bad thing?

Baubles, books, some clothes...Yummy.


Old floor lamps that will be used for any number of uses...


at least a dozen vintage glass lamps for me to use for my upcoming Bling Baby classes to be held at Guilding the Lily in Fullerton and The Urban Barn in Escondido.

Also, planning a road trip to Arizona to hang with my gal pal Tricia http://vintagebliss.typepad.com/vintagebliss/ and new friend Maija http://www.maigirlz.typepad.com/ 
to teach some classes to the AZ gals!

More info to come on class schedules!

Happy Sunny Memorial weekend to you all!
XO

2 comments:

  1. they have some awesome stuff "up the hill". my parents had a summer home in those mountains for 30 years and we always had the best time going to the yard sales there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm just pouting! How fun, great finds. Boo hooo. Good for you! Riki

    ReplyDelete