Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine Halloween Challenge

I am a participating artist in a wonderful Juried Art show called All Hallows Art Fest.
to be held in Petaluma, CA on September 23rd. It's a wonderful juried show with some of the most amazing artists who tend to specialize in Halloween.

Several of us artists participated in a Valentine Challenge using Relics and Artifacts pieces by Sandra Everston.   I've never worked with Sandra's pieces and was thrilled to receive my package.  They accept paint, clay and glue amazingly well.  I LOVE them and hope to use them more.

Now to get to the designing. It just had to nod to Halloween with Valentine in my style. We could do whatever we wanted to embellish our pieces.  I opted for polymer clay and paper clay mostly. Paint and some vintage do-dads.

What fun I had!!!


A Nod to my Monsters I like to Create....


How much more appropriate is a Memento Mori, for those we still love that are no longer with us?



I like spiders, (ok, i'm weird).  They are inspiring. I've been making eyeball spiders for years. Spiders weave the most amazing webs and keep our bug population in check. So, yea...they "inspider" me.




I LOVE Halloween.  So, yes...he had me at Halloween.



Well, yes....a Zombie Valentine.



Here are my Dark Valentines as a collection.  They will be uploaded to my etsy shop later.
I will post on my Instagram when they are available for purchase.

This was one of the most fun challenges I have ever participated in.

Hope to see you at All Hallows Art Fest in September. Its a GHOULISHLY good time!!!

Happy Valentines Day!

xo, Lisa


38 comments:

  1. These are wonderful - I especially love the spider one!!! I will be checking your Etsy shop - Donna Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart-y Halloween creations are fabulous. I'm hoping to make the treck up to Petaluma this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going. I really enjoyed exploring your site. Check out - Alloy Steel Pipes Manufacturer in India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!!! Thanks for sharing. Also do visit our Neptune Alloys site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks for this great article
    Website: Aashish Steel
    Visit us for more information:Bolt Manufacturers in India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great write up. very informative. please also read about Amardeep Steel  -Corten SteelGrade A Plate & SheetManufacturers in India.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great the blog was really insightful, would recommend this to many people in my vicinity. Great work with research and information. We also operate in the same domain check us out as well – Solitare overseas

    ReplyDelete
  12. very imformatiove article hope you also find our blog imformative please visit NKL Automotives is one of the best manufacturer of oil seals. We produce high-quality O Rings and Oil Seals in a range of sizes from silicon and Viton o ring manufacturers, Oil seal manufacturers. Our products are highly resistant to oil and high temperature. we offer a variety of seals oils. You can contact us if you require any type of seal information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing an informative blog. Also Visit-
    RSS Feeds
    RSS Feed podcast
    F60 host

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for taking the time to express that; it means a lot to me.
    visit our website: F60host
    To view full blog : A Beginner’s Guide: How to Build a Website From Scratch
    you may also like : Difference between .com and .net domains

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing such a great information. I always search to read the quality content keep it up Solitaire Overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work with research and information. We also operate in the same domain check us out as well Corten Steel Grade A Plate & Sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post thanks for sharing with us!
    also visit: complete range of valve

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for sharing this information, I wanted to share some of my thoughts about manufatures in india. How they work and procced.a210 tubes & sa210 tubes is one of the best manufacturer of BOILERS STEEL PIPES, TUBES, FITTINGS, PLATES AND SHEETS. They produce high-quality BOILERS PIPES, TUBES, FITTINGS, PLATES AND SHEETS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed reading this article. Thank you for sharing it. I think your blog readers will find it helpful. If you want to learn more about GLYCOLIC ACID FACE WASH PRISTINE IN INDIA please visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what an insightful and well-written post! I really enjoyed reading it and gained valuable knowledge. glad to read this

    Advanced Biotechnology

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gratitude for sharing such valuable insights! I'm always on the lookout for top-notch content, and your contribution truly stands out. Keep up the excellent work, Laboratory Equipment Manufacturers in India

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dive into an enriching article! We trust our blog will captivate your interest—explore now.
    NKL Automotives stands out as a premier manufacturer of top-notch oil seals,
    crafting excellence in O Rings and Oil Seals across various sizes. As distinguished
    silicon and Viton O ring manufacturers, we excel in producing seals that are exceptionally .
    resistant to both oil and high temperatures. Choose from our array of high-quality seal oils.
    Need more information? Feel free to reach out—we're your go-to source for all things seals

    ReplyDelete